Student Progress

Insufficient Academic Progress:

Students who do not reach faculty expectations in coursework or thesis research may be put on academic probation. This involves notifying the UW Graduate School with documentation of the circumstances. It does not normally affect your funding or registration.

If problems continue past this point, you may be put on final probation. Students are normally on final probation for one quarter only. After that point, the department will either recommend that you be removed from academic probation or that you leave the program.

TThe UW Graduate School's guidelines are posted here.