Going On Leave

While going on leave is uncommon, students are allowed to go on leave if need be with the permission of their mentor and Dr. Colin Manoil.

The procedure for going on leave has changed as of Autumn 2011:

1. Student submits the on-leave request via MyGrad-Student View.

2. Please contact Brian Giebel so that he may approve the request.

3. For international students, the request is then sent to the International Student Services Office (ISS) for approval

4. Student is notified by email to submit an online credit card payment for the quarterly $25 nonrefundable fee. On-Leave status is not finalized until payment has been submitted, and must be completed by the last day of instruction for the quarter of leave requested

Please see the graduate student union contract for more information on your right to go on leave.