Foege is a secure building and all authorized personnel are issued access cards to the building. Please do not allow anyone to “piggy back” with you in the elevator or through secured entry doors.
Access for Employees:
Key Fob. On your first day, you will be issued a temporary key fob which will give you stairwell, elevator, and lab access. It does not work on exterior doors after regular building hours (7 am to 6 pm) nor on weekends, so please plan ahead. It will continue to work inside Foege in the evenings if you are here past 6 pm. You must return this after you receive your Husky card access.
Husky Card. If you are a regular employee, you may obtain a Husky Card for building access on your first day of work, or as soon as your hire is complete in Workday (whichever comes first). Please email Serena after you have your card, and she will add Foege accesses to your Husky Card. Please let her know if you also need Health Sciences access. Your building access will end when you are no longer an employee, so if you wish to continue accessing the building as a collaborator, please contact gsadmin [at] uw.edu.
Health Sciences ID/Access Card. If you are a temporary employee, we can request a Health Sciences ID / Access Card (it is one card with two functions) that will give you access to Foege and Health Sciences. Contact gsadmin [at] uw.edu and we will request access for you.
Access for on-going Temporary Employees, Contractors, and Collaborators
How to get your Health Sciences photo ID / Access card:
- Please go to T-283A Health Sciences Building when you are notified that it is ready. Please bring a photo ID. They will take your photograph and you will receive your Access card immediately. Your card will have interior and exterior GS Foege access on it, plus Health Sciences Building Access.
- Directions: From Foege, walk up the hill to NE Pacific, then turn right and head east on the NE Pacific sidewalk. At the 2nd overpass, enter the Health Sciences Building at street level. Walk south (straight ahead) and take a right at the 2nd hallway and proceed to T-283A. (Health Sciences map)
- HS Building drop-in access card hours will be Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- Appointments for other times may be made by contacting Health Sciences Building Management at hsbuild [ a t ] uw.edu or 685-0143.
- If your supervisor indicates that you need a key, please email gsadmin [ a t ] uw.edu with the room number, or stop by Beth's desk to make your request.
Access for short-term Visitors and Volunteers
Please contact a gsadmin [at ] uw.edu and we’ll determine which access method is most appropriate. We may loan you a key fob temporarily, or issue an access card depending on your access needs.
What if I lose access?
If you are an undergraduate student you will lose building access in the summer, or any quarter during which you are taking less than 5 credits. Please email gsadmin [ at ] uw.edu for a key fob that you can use for the summer.