Tuesdays from 12:30 - 1:50 in Foege Auditorium (S 060)
Speakers must post references for their Journal Club by the Monday preceding their talk. References should be given to Brian Giebel (bgiebel
(at) u.washington.edu) to be posted on this page. If you are unable to speak at the appointed time, please arrange to change dates with someone else (please notify Brian when you make changes).
References are posted as they are received - and sometimes this is several months in advance. Please be sure to check the current and past schedules to make sure your proposed article hasn't already been reserved or previously presented by another speaker.
This is worth repeating. Please make sure no one else is already scheduled to present your article.
new scheduling guidelines for 2019-2020:
- Students in their first year or fifth year / beyond do not need to present.
- Second year students will present in Winter Quarter.
- Third year students will choose a seminar speaker, write to that person to identify a paper to discuss, and will meet with that speaker at lunchtime to discuss their work and that paper.
- Fourth year students will present in Autumn Quarter.
- Students from other academic programs (MCB, etc) are welcome to present but not required to do so.
Follow this link for a listing of past Journal Club references.